"Affordable Homes... Today and Tomorrow!"
COMMUNITY PARTNERS FOR AFFORDABLE HOUSING (CPAH) IS A NONPROFIT 501(C)(3) ORGANIZATION THAT PROVIDES PERMANENTLY AFFORDABLE HOUSING (both ownership and rental) for community members who struggle to meet their basic human need of housing. CPAH helps bridge the gap between the high cost of housing and the incomes of many low- to moderate-income households who live and work in the community - healthcare workers, school employees, retail staff, childcare providers, seniors, municipal employees, nonprofit staff, persons with disabilities and other community members experiencing personal or economic hardships.
CPAH currently partners with the cities of Highland Park, Evanston and Lake Forest in order to address affordable housing in a best-practice, regional and collaborative approach. The organization is widely recognized as a leader throughout the region. CPAH operates the first community land trust program in Illinois and remains at the forefront of perpetually affordable housing. We invite you to learn more about the organization and to get involved today.
BENEFITS TO THE COMMUNITY
- Provides housing opportunities for low- and moderate-income households
- Rehabilitates problem or blighted properties in the community
- Promotes cultural and economic diversity
- Creates valuable workforce housing
- Preserves the community’s existing housing stock and neighborhood character
- Develops an inventory of housing in the community that will remain affordable forever to assist future families
- Assists local businesses to attract and retain employees
- Promotes live-near-work housing which helps alleviate traffic congestion and the environmental impacts associated with long commutes
- Helps communities comply with the Illinois Affordable Housing Planning and Appeal Act
- Encourages workers to live and spend their incomes in the local economy
- Provides employment opportunities for local contractors
- Maximizes the cost-effectiveness of public and private investment for long-term community benefit